What family doesn’t like pasta and meatballs? Frozen angus beef meatballs beat making home-made on a busy night. Streamline the cooking time by making the tomato sauce while the meatballs cook in the oven.
- Serves : 8
- Dish Type : Main
- Preparation : Bake
- Skill Level : Intermediate
- Ready In : 55 Minutes
- Cuisine : Italian
- Main Ingredient : Beef/Veal , Pasta
- 1 pkg (907 g) PC Blue Menu Angus Meatballs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cup (500 mL) sliced white onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) PC Blue Menu Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 pkg (411 g) PC Blue Menu Penne Rigate - Omega 3
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place half package of meatballs (about 32) on rimmed baking sheet. Cook in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and hot pepper flakes (if using), stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is soft and starting to brown. Stir in tomatoes with juices and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 11 to 13 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain. Transfer to large serving platter. Stir cooked meatballs and salt into tomato sauce; pour over pasta. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan, if desired.