Little tartlets filled with apple butter and topped with sweetened whipped cream make a perfect two-bite dessert. We made the cream cheese pastry with our new gluten-free flour, so family and friends who choose to eat gluten-free can also enjoy them.
- Serves : 48
- Dish Type : Desserts
- Ready In : Over 60 Minutes
- Skill Level : Advanced
- Content Type : Recipes
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-½ cups (375 mL) PC Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend, plus additional for rolling
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) apple butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- Make Dough: In large bowl and using electric mixer, beat cream cheese with butter until fluffy. In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt; in three additions and using wooden spoon, stir into cream cheese mixture until combined. Form dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray two 24-cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch (3 mm) thickness; using 2-inch (5 cm) round cookie cutter, cut into as many rounds as possible. Gather scraps and reroll. Press each round into a cup of prepared muffin tins. If dough cracks, simply press back together.
- Bake in centre of oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on rack.
- Meanwhile, make the Topping: In bowl and using electric mixer, whip cream, icing sugar and cinnamon until cream holds firm peaks.
- Turn cooled tart shells out of pans. Fill with apple butter, about 2 tsp (10 mL) per. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream.