In the UK, the potato skins are called their “jackets”. Growing teenagers might appreciate a full potato. This recipe easily doubles.
- Serves : 4
- Dish Type : Main
- Preparation : Microwave
- Ready In : 20 Minutes
- Skill Level : Intermediate
- Meal : Dinner
- Season : Fall , Spring , Summer , Winter
- Main Ingredient : Vegetables , Beans & Legumes
- Healthier Choices : Vitamins & Minerals , High Fibre
- 2 medium baking potatoes (about 8 oz /250 g each), scrubbed
- 1 tub (415 g) PC Blue Menu 3-Bean Chipotle Chili
- 1 cup (250 mL) rinsed and drained PC Blue Menu Black Beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded no name Light Old Cheddar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low fat sour cream
- Half green onion, thinly sliced
- Using a fork, pierce potatoes; place on a paper towel in the microwave. Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Turn and cook another 4 to 5 minutes or until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine chili and black beans. Cover with plastic wrap; puncture wrap to allow steam to escape. Cook in microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes or until hot.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Spoon chili-bean mixture over each potato; sprinkle with cheese and top with a dollop of sour cream and onions.